<$BlogRSDUrl$> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d19098276\x26blogName\x3dNew+to+Islam\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://newmuslimz.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://newmuslimz.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8611101972061667817', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
~ New to Islam ~
"Allah! None has the right to be worshipped, but He." Surat Al-Baqarah: 255

Good Beginner Books

November 19, 2005

Bismillah Ir-Rahmaan Ir-Raheem

Here I will post some good beginning books that I recommend for learning more about Islam and your life as a Muslim. There are many books out there - and I may accidentally leave some out - it has been a while since I started my journey and a lot of these books I gave to new Muslims on their own journey as I met them.

The following books I found online, but I always suggest purchasing them from an Islamic Bookstore (I will post resources for these in a later post, insha'Allah, but you can go to Yahoo or Google and type up a search for "Islamic Bookstore" and come up with many). For me, it is not easy to read a book online - and I always like having something to carry with me.

Anyway - here is my list for now (more will be added later):


Towards Understanding Islam


Let Us Be Muslim

The General Prescripts of Belief in the Qur'an and Sunnah


The Fundamentals of Tawheed by Bilal Philips


Kitab at-Tawhid


The Muslim's Belief


History of the Life of the Prophet (saw)


Stories of the Companions of the Prophet (saw)


The Ideal Muslim


The Ideal Muslimah



I also highly recommend the following books (which are not available online):


God Arises by Maulana Wahiduddin Khan (an excellent book)

Jesus, Prophet of Islam (a wonderful book - helpful in understanding how Christianity became corrupted - a real eye-opener)

The Ideal Muslim & The Ideal Muslimah by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi (teaches you the ettiquetes of a Muslim man and a Muslim woman - uses hadith and Qur'an to back up their statements)

I would also recommend the following:

Seeking Islamic Knowledge

IslamWay - New Muslim Corner

Guide for New Muslims
I don't necessarily agree with all their book recommendations - but overall, it has good information.

10:48 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

muslimbychoice :: Permanent Link





Other Webrings:


This New to Islam site is owned by Muslimbychoice is part of
The Muslims Webring.

| Previous | Next | RandomSite | ListSites |